1. First of all, start up Mozilla Thunderbird. If this is the first time you've started Thunderbird on your computer, you should immediately get a New Account Setup window. Otherwise Click onLocal Folders in the left hand pane, and then Create a new account as you can see below.
2. You should now have a screen that asks you what type of account you wish to create. Make sure email account is selected, and click on Continue.
3. You will now be prompted for your name, which appears in outgoing emails (so you may use your full name, first name, company name, etc), and the e-mail address you are configuring. Enter this information, then click Continue.
4. The next page will ask you for the incoming, and possibly the outgoing mail server. Under Server Information, select POP.
- Enter the name of your Incoming Server in the form of mail.mydomain.com.au wheremydomain.com.au is your domain.
- Enter the name of your Outgoing Server which is provided by your ISP. egmail.yourisp.com.au
Click Continue once this is done.
5. You are now asked to enter your username. This should be your full e-mail address as you entered it before. Click Continue when done.
6. Next is will prompt you for the account name, this is just a descriptive name that you see in the lefthand panel. You can leave it as the default, so just click Continue again.
7. Now you will be presented with a summary of your settings. Look over them to make sure everything has been entered correctly, and then click Done.
8. If at this point you are prompted for your password, please enter it in, making certain that all UPPERCASE and lowercase letters are entered correctly, and that there are no extra 'spaces'. The basic configuration is now done.