1. From Start choose Microsoft Outlook 2007 (it is assumed that you have used this program before so as the Internet Connection Wizard is not initiated).
2. Then go to Tools > Accounts
3. Click New which is the first button on the left.
4. On the next window that appears select the check box at the bottom Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next.
5. On the next window Choose E-mail Service the option Internet E-mail should be selected (this is the default choice) and then click Next.
6. On the next window Internet E-mail Settings you are required to complete various fields related with your personal data, server and logon information:
Your Name: Enter your name, your nickname, or your company’s name depending on how you want to be displayed when you sent an email.
E-mail Address: Enter your e-mail address (in the example we are creating an email account for an imaginary email: email@example.com).
Account Type: Should be POP3 (this is the default option).
Incoming Mail Server: Your incoming server is mail.mydomain.com.au, where mydomain.com.au is the name of your domain.
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) : You must use the Outgoing Mail Server Name of your current Internet Server Provider (ISP). An SMTP server is used by your email client (e.g. Outlook) to send your mail. It is preferable to use the SMTP server provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), this is because some ISPs place restrictions on SMTP servers. As such, we provide the list below of the SMTP server of common Australian ISPs.
Username: The email address you have been given.
Password: The password is case sensitive. Decide if you want to check the 'Remember Password' field.
7. When you complete all fields required click on the Test Account Settings. If you have entered correctly all needed information you should see the following screen verifying the validity of your inputs.
8. Click on the Close button to close this window and also click on the Next button of the former window Internet E-mail Settings to move to the next step. At this stage you have completed your email setup. The process is completed when you click Finish.
9. Finally click Close to exit the E-mail Account window.