Adding video to your website is a great way to bring it to life and is quite easy to do.
Copy the embed code from YouTube
Navigate to the video in YouTube (or Vimeo or Other) and copy the embed code.
For YouTube, this is found within the Share > Embed tab below your video.
- Click the More button to customise the size and look of your video. It is strongly recommended to uncheck the option to show suggested videos once the video finishes.
- Once you are happy with the result (preview shown as changes are made), copy the embed code (starting with <iframe... and ending in ...</iframe>) Shown in the second image below. Please note that as YouTube is updated, it may vary slightly in design/layout to the screenshots below.
Editing the video settings:
Copying the embed code:
Embed the video into your WebTemplate website
Once the video's embed code has been copied in the steps above, you are ready to paste it into your website. Follow the steps below.
- Ensure you are logged into your WebTemplate website
- Navigate to the page you wish to add your video to via The Office > Site Builder and ensure you are in 'Edit' mode
- Click the Edit pencil above the content item you wish to add your video to. You may create a new content block as an alternative.
- Click the Source button within the edit window and Paste (CTRL+V) the embed code into the editor.
Note: If there is text content in this editor, it is always best to paste the video embed code on its own line.
Click the Submit or OK button to save your changes.
Voila! You have just added a video to your website.
If your page layout appears to break once the video is added, you can adjust the size back in step 2 of the section above copy the embed code from YouTube.