Using My Webmail to access your email account
Modified on: Sun, 25 Jan, 2015 at 11:54 AM
My Webmail is an online program that will allow users to view their email from anywhere in the world with Internet access.
To Login, go to https://webmail.au.syrahost.com/ and enter your username and password. Click 'Login'
To read your email, click the subject of the message. When you've read the message, you can choose from the following options:
Message List – Choose this option to take you back
Delete – Choose this option to delete the message
Previous/Next – Choose either of these options to move
Forward/Reply/Reply All – Choose one of these options to respond
Full View Header – Choose this option to show
View Printable Version – Choose this option to open
Delete & Prev/Delete & Next – Choose these options to delete
Use the tool bar at the top of the page to compose, read, mark or delete an email.
Compose A New Email
Click Compose to create a new email message.
- In this window, you can select from several options to create an email: Type the recipient’s email address in the Recipient: field.
- You can click on the Address Book button at the top of the screen if you know the person is listed in your address book. Find the person’s name and choose whether to include their address in the to, cc or bcc section of your email.
- Type a subject for the email in the subject: field.
- Choose a priority for the email from the pull down menu. The choices are High, Normal, and Low with the default being Normal. If you choose High or Low, the email will look different to the recipient.
- Tick the box to choose whether or not to receive a message when the recipient has received or read the email.
- Move your cursor to the inside of the message box to type the email.
- You can also attach a document to send with the email by typing a file location in the Attach field. If you do not know the exact location of the file, choose Browse to find the file on your computer. Click Add to add the file to be sent with the message.
- When complete, click Send, Save Draft, or Check Spelling.
- If you choose Send, your message will be sent and you will be returned to your Inbox.
- If you click Save Draft, the message will be saved to a Draft folder. You can access this anytime by clicking on the Drafts folder at the left, listed beneath INBOX.
- If you choose Check Spelling and there are spelling errors, you will receive a message box as shown below. The error will be shown with asterisks in the document and you will see choices for the correct word spelling. You can choose from several spell check options.
My Webmail Options
The Personal Settings link allows you to set up My Webmail many ways. Click Personal Settings from the tool bar at the top of the page.
Add a Signature to your My Webmail emails
You can add a signature to your email so that all sent email are concluded by your professional signature.
- Login to your webmail
- Click on 'Settings'
- Click on 'Identities'
- Click on your email address on the left hand side
- You can then update the signature within the 'Signature' field
- Click 'Save'
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.